Elephant Butte, NM

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The drive from CA to NM.



As most of you know we have left CA. The first night we pulled into Wellton, AZ at 8:30pm. We had lost an hour and had not realize it until the RV park manager came to check us in with her bathrobe on. There was a Santa that sang to us by the office and this sign. I heard a train as we were paying. That should have been a clue. Anyway, the train was 50 yards away with a row of campers even closer than that. My question, WHY? Dave & I had a goodbye CA beer and hit the sack. That's when I timed the train. How often? Every 15 minutes. Not only did it go by but it blew it's horn as well. I asked Dave the next morning how he slept. His comment, not bad after a beer, a sleeping pill and earplugs. I just had to laugh when I saw the camper across from us. It had to be a single guy. I liked the dart board on the side of the camper. Classic!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie, don't classify him with the single guys, he's in a class all by himself with that outfit.

    ReplyDelete