Elephant Butte, NM

Monday, January 11, 2010

I'm not a virgin anymore.....part 1.









because I've explored Monticello/Box Canyon. Box Canyon is a very popular drive of the jeeper's here in EB. The gang always seemed to go on a Saturday and we worked the weekends so we never got to go. Well, we finally did and what a trip. The drive starts by going thru the old town of Monticello. There is an old school and church. There are some permanent residents living there. In the old days the whole town had a wall around it for protection. I tried to surf for some Monitcello info but didn't find much.
However, I did find 2 great websites. One is gov't: www.sierracountynewmexico.info The other is a private blog. Great job Jake!
His blog is: www.newmexicobackroads.blogspot.com Check out his best 0f 2009. It will scroll thru some beautiful photo's. Someday I need to go further with my blog but for now it works for me.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning New Mexico Backroads. Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete