Elephant Butte, NM

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Here a squirt, there a squirt everywhere a squirt, squirt!






You guys will miss me someday! The funniest thing happened yesterday. I was looking at all the STUFF left on the beach at low tide when I noticed "squirts". They were everywhere. It was like a guy was buried in the sand and was peeing but just a squirt! Dave was chatting with a guy when I asked "what is squirting on the beach?" The guy replied "clams." Hum, thought I. A few hours later Dave says "how about clams for dinner?" Yes, lets go see what's squirting! Rookies, they are filled with fun, excitement and wonder aren't they? Well, under every squirt is a butter clam. How exciting! Pete the other workamper saw us digging and watching and ask what we were up to. "Oh, just waiting for the squirts." Dave tried a new recipe. Boy were those SQUIRTS good!

1 comment:

  1. Yum Yum! I think I'm missing NE Clams! The only clams I saw in WA were Gooey-Duck! Funny looking! LOL Try and dig them up at low tide! Get a couple of Gooey-ducks and you have a meal! They're HUGE! Missing you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete