Elephant Butte, NM

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Reflections of our first week of work.





We made it thru our first week. Dave says his comment would be COLD. He is looking forward to warm EB. We started out with snow. The sun is out now and most of the snow is gone. There are a few very nice functions on the computer program in the office that I have never used before that are very handy. I will share with Terri/Bob and Bob/Martha. The big issue for the office is NO bathroom. I will certainly have to figure something out there! Pee bucket here I come?

All of the people seem very nice. We are seeing the reverse of the SNOWBIRDS. There are 73 seasonal folks that have been coming here for anywhere from a couple years to a lot of years. Doris is 84 and has been coming here since 1979.

Of course, the first trip to town was for my library card. I am reading Janet Evanovich's new book. It is about Diesel doesn't she know we LOVE Stephanie?

We are 5 minutes from about everything. We have not buzzed around town much yet. But there is a wonderful Safeway and City Market grocery store. There is a big WalMart. I lost the car today in the parking lot. There is also a bunch of traffic which I would imagine we haven't seen anything yet!

I bought everything for a boat drink today. Now where it that warm weather?????

Woodland Park, CO. The City Above the Clouds
Today with over 7,600 residents, Woodland Park is a flourishing community of people who demand a high quality of life. Tourism continues to fuel the economy, often turning first-time visitors into lifelong residents. Just 18 miles west of Colorado Springs in Teller County, experience the history, adventure and beauty of the Rocky Mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment