Elephant Butte, NM

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Sunday joke.






Ole lived across the Minnesota river from Clarence, whom he didn't like at all.

They were yelling across the river at each other all the time.

Ole would yell at Clarence, "If I had a vay to cross dis river, I'd come ofer dere an beat 
you up good, yeah sure, ya betcha, by golly!"

Clarence would yell back, "Ya don't scare me, ya old turd. I cud beatcha wit one hand 
behind me back, fer sure!"

This went on for years.

Finally, the state built a bridge across the river right there by their houses.

Ole's wife, Lena, says, "Now iss yer chance, Ole. Vhy doncha go over dere and beat up 
dat Clarence like you said you vud?"

Ole replied, "OK, by yimmy, I tink I vill do yust dat!"

Ole started for the bridge, but he saw a sign on the bridge and stopped to read it, then 
turned around and came back home.

Lena asked, "Vhy did you come back?" 

Ole said, " Lena, I tink I changed my mind 'bout beatin' up dat Clarence. You know, vhen 
I yell at him from across da river, he don't look so big. But dey put a sign on da bridge 
dat says "Clarence is 13 feet, 6 inches.

No comments:

Post a Comment