Elephant Butte, NM

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Sunday Joke.






At the beginning of my shift  I placed a stethoscope on an elderly and slightly deaf female patient’s anterior chest wall.  ‘Big breaths,’….I instructed. ‘Yes, they used to be,’…. Replied the patient.

While acquainting myself with a new elderly patient, I asked,’ How long have you been bedridden?’  After a look of complete confusion she answered…..’Why, not for about 20 years-when my husband was alive.’

I was performing rounds at the hospital one morning and while checking on a man I asked….. ‘So how’s your breakfast this morning?’  It’s very good except for the Kentucky Jelly.  I can’t seem to get used to the taste.’  Bob replied….  I then asked to see the jelly and Bob produced a foil packet labeled ‘KY Jelly.’ 

No comments:

Post a Comment