Elephant Butte, NM

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Our 6 days in Sioux Falls.


We were looking for something to do and found out that Abe Lincoln was going to be at the Old Courthouse Museum.  


It was a beautiful building!  Oh look, Abe is over there!


Dave, Abe and Leon.


As we were walking in we noticed  some school buses.  There were 2 buses of 4-5 graders and 2 buses of 3rd grade, 2 hundred kids. They did well during the presentation.  Abe started off with "Well today I would be 207 years old!"  He did a great Abe!  Dave was so impressed we went back that evening for another show.  I would like to see Ben Franklin.  We drove around in the evening looking for deer.  One night we found them and some huge turkeys.  I am making paper beads so I helped Carlie make a necklace.  The next evening we made a couple more.  
We had some excitement at the campground one morning.  Dave & I slept thru it, I guess!   The cops were there quite a while.  We never heard what happened until a few days later.  Dave took the kids out to the south of the park where the kids discovered a kid hitting golf balls.  Well, of course, she ran and then the kids ran after her.  Then all of a sudden a man comes out of the trees and yells to Dave "I'm going to drop those dogs!  Dave yells back "You do and I'll drop you." Everyone calmed down and the kids were playing with the little girl.  I bet neither of the guys were really packing heat!
The weather was cold and rainy all the time we were there.  The kids enjoyed the doggie park at exit 4 on I-229.  Bye Leon, Doris and all!


No comments:

Post a Comment