Elephant Butte, NM

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Birthday thoughts.





Yup, I had a birthday yesterday. HOW OLD? Dave & I were both born in 1953. I guess due to birthday reflections I woke up emotional. All I will say about the morning is what I have written on our Workamper resume.
"Dave & I take pride in our work camper assignments. As work campers we are committed to taking great care of the park grounds and of the park residents. It is our goal to make the RV Park profitable to the Park owner and a pleasant home for the park residents to enjoy." It a good quote, don't ya think? Anyway, that's who Dave & I are.
The day was rescued by the great friends I have here. We made Halloween spiders. We had a few drinks and we played cards. It was a good day after all!
Thanks for the calls and cards!
Oh by the way, the hanging spiders name is "Curlie." If you clap your hands, sneeze or pound the table because of a good joke being read he will fall down the string and crawl back up. His eyes blick red too! What a guy!

2 comments:

  1. It was fun to be a part of your Birthday, Deb!! You guys are definitely what work camping should be all about......it's a GREAT philosophy. It's wonderful to have you back at Lakeside!! Nice update!! Luv Curlie!! Linda/Newell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curlie needs a girlfriend! It was so great to see you and everybody, glad we got to share your birthday!

    ReplyDelete