Elephant Butte, NM

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Travel day 1. Heading North.




During Friday nights finally packing I started loading the truck. I had let Dave clean up HIS dirty truck. Well, I couldn't find Joe. Joe is a dash rider along with Radar & Jaz. I found him in LA. several years ago and he joined my crew. He is in full fighting GI clothes with moving arms & legs. A very handsome guy! You have seen pictures of him going down the road enjoying various US States. I could not find him anywhere. Ki, Wyn and I decided that he was on a secret mission. I hope that I find him when the final unpacking of the backseat is done. Otherwise, be safe Joe! I told Phil on Friday night that I would set the alarm for 5:15 and wake them if they were not up and we would leave at 6:00. I thought that Dave could handle setting the alarm but NO...... The camper was knocked on by Ki (the one that was not supposed to be up)at 5:45. Ooppppss. We left at 6:15. Not bad huh? I had also checked the weather Friday night and sorry Carol but we decided to go over Raton Pass before the snow hit. We all decided then since we were up & on the road so early that we could make it to Pueblo. So that was our new goal. We had an enjoyable, easy, safe ride to Pueblo. The wind was blowing strong and we could see the clouds dumping snow of the surrounding mountains as we sipped on a beer in a nice warm camper at Lake Pueblo State Park. We were right about going over Raton. They got 4-8 inches. You should have heard 4 people bitching & moaning as we dug out and put on jeans and winter coats. YUCK!! Dave was just over talking with Phil. Their plans have changed. They will stay here another night. Then head back South to Alamosa to visit with a relative (not sure who)that is heading for a job there.
Dave & I will head to Woodland Park to set up. But first, Phil & I go to visit Cathy, the monks cloth guru, who lives 15 minutes from where we are now camped. Hey, there's Ken & Phil's rig! Yup, look at that snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment