Elephant Butte, NM

Thursday, May 5, 2016

The day has turned into the date: May 5, Pender, Nebraska

Today is our second day at Pender, NE. The new Honda is participating in the Fit Program here at Blue Ox.  The company uses the Fit Program to make it's prototype for their tow bars.  We took the tour of the plant yesterday.  This company is what made this country.
Today I decided that if a person needs motivation to exercise the best thing to do is to stand in front of the mirror naked.  That should do it!  So I put a new battery in the pedometer, laced up the shoes and off I went.  First stop was the donkeys across the street.  I tried to talk them in to coming to the fence put to no avail.  Then I spotted lilacs.  I had to have one so it took the walk with me.  This is a cute little midwest town. The last few days the country has been green flat to a few hills and very green.  Dave says the last few mornings he has heard a pheasant on the morning walk with the kids.  Do you know which pheasant makes the calls?  Male or female?  One of the cute issues around town is the Quilts of Pender.  A lot of the house have a probably 3x3 foot wooden quilt in their yards somewhere. Spring is here too!  I saw Columbine blooming, strawberries, tulips, crabapple trees.  Jeremy, gave us the tour yesterday and he said we just missed 2 weeks of rain.  The accumulation was 7 inches. Thank you God we missed it!
We had been having TV problems since we arrived here.  Every one around us was getting TV but us.  Dave crawled up there and damn there was the cable cut in two!  So when Donna mentioned Survivor Dave decided to run a new cable from the antenna to the box and BAM TV.
Today after my walk we checked out the local cemetery that I noticed on my walk.  There were 2 stones that touched my heart. One for sure was a Service Women.  The other is a guess he was of a Serviceman.








This one made me cry!  I'm in the picture too!


No comments:

Post a Comment